May is Military Appreciation Month — Here’s Where to Celebrate
May 25, 2018
In addition to Memorial Day, May is Military Appreciation Month all month long. This is a time when service members are honored for their brave sacrifices and dedication to our country, and many nation-wide businesses and organizations show their thanks with incentives and discounts. Here are just a few of the places to shop and dine throughout the month of May.
- FoodLion. Get 10% off all month long at any FoodLion store nationwide when you present your military ID and MVP card at checkout.
- Home Depot. While active duty personnel get 10% off year-round, Home Depot offers 10% off to any current or former military veteran, reservists, retired or disabled veterans, and their immediate dependents on Memorial Day.
- Hooter's. On Memorial Day, get a complimentary meal from a special menu for all veterans and active-duty military personnel.
- Lowe's. All veteran's will get a 10% discount at any Lowe's store on Memorial Day.
- McCormick & Schmick’s. Gold Star honorees (parents and spouse), veterans and active members of the US military and National Guard will receive a free meal on Memorial Day.
- Sherwin-Williams. Military and Veterans save an additional 10% on Paints & Stains during the month of May.
- SweetFrog. All active and retired military will receive 20% off FROYO, every Monday in May, with proof of valid ID.
- Texas de Brazil. Enjoy 50% off for veterans and active duty military and 20% off for up to an additional 7 guests on Memorial Day.
- T-Mobile. All month long, anyone on the T-Mobile One Military plan can get a Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ or S8 Active at half the regular price.
- Walgreens. All veterans, active duty military personnel and their immediate family members, including the families of those who lost their lives in service to our country, will get 20% off at Walgreens on Memorial Day.